- Beginning mid–March, respond to the census online at 2020census.gov, by telephone, or by mail. - It takes less than 10 minutes to answer the census questions. - Respond early so that a census worker will not have to visit your home in person.
- $675 billion dollars of federal money will be divided among the states, counties, and local communities each year for the next ten years based on information collected by this census.
- Your congressional, state, and local voting districts will be redrawn based on census responses. - North Carolina could gain a 14th seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, but only if everyone responds!
- Census responses are only used to create statistics and cannot be traced back to an individual person or household.
- Census responses are kept confidential for 72 years. - By law, your census response cannot be used against you by any government agency including law enforcement or to determine your eligibility for government benefits.