Requirements for registering to vote in Nash County:
- you must be a citizen of the United States AND
- you are 18 years of age or older OR
- you are 17 years of age AND will be 18 by the date of the general election
You need to complete a voter registration application only if:
- you have not previously registered to vote in Nash County
- your Nash County registration was canceled because you registered in another county or state
- you changed your name
- you wish to change your political party
- you have moved within the county and need to update your address
- you need to update your mailing address (PO Box)
- you were convicted of a felony since you last voted
The voter registration form must be:
- Postmarked at least 25 days before the election, or
- Delivered to the local board of elections office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 25th day before the election.
Individuals with felony convictions have their right, to vote, automatically restored when they have been unconditionally discharged or have been pardoned. This means if a person is on probation, post-release supervision, or parole for a felony conviction, they must complete that portion of their sentence, in addition to any prison time, before being eligible to register or vote. After the rights have been restored (completed the sentence) they may register to vote.
TO VOTE IN NASH COUNTY YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A LEGAL RESIDENT OF NASH COUNTY FOR 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE ELECTION.