3rd Dose Eligibility
People can receive a 3rd dose of COMIRNATY/Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA COVID-19 vaccine if they have completed a 2-dose Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine series, and one of the following is true:
- 12 years of age and older, who self-attest to being moderately to severely immunocompromised, presenting at least 28 days after their second dose.
- 65 years of age or older presenting at least 6 months after their second dose.
- 18–64 years of age who present at least 6 months after their second dose, and:
- Live or work in a nursing home or other long-term care residential facility.
- Have a medical condition that puts you at high risk for severe illness. Example (obesity, asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes).
- Work in a high-risk profession, meaning you are in contact with many people, and do not know their vaccination status. Example (health care workers, first responders, teachers, food processing workers, retail and restaurant workers, and public transportation workers).
- Live or work in a place where many people live together. Example (homeless shelters, correctional facilities, migrant farm housing, dormitories or other group living setting in colleges or universities).
People can receive a 3rd dose of Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccine if they have completed a 2-dose Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series, and one of the following is true:
- 18 years of age and older, who self-attest to being moderately to severely immunocompromised, who present at least 28 days after their second dose and one of the following is true:
- Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood.
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome).
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection.
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response.
Other Area Providers
|Eastern North Carolina Medical Group||Rocky Mount||984-215-5485|
|New Beginning Family Services of NC||Rocky Mount||252-266-3164|
|Southside Pharmacy||Spring Hope||252-478-5969|
|Tar River Transit||Call for free transportation to any COVID-19 Vaccination
Appointment in Nash or Edgecombe County.
Monday-Saturday 8am - 5pm
Must call one day in advance to schedule pickup.
|Clinics Across NC||www.myspot.nc.gov|
Where Can I Get Tested For COVID-19?
You can schedule a test with the Nash County Health Department or with any of the other testing agencies listed here. Search by zip code to find the closest location to you.