The solid waste program assures safe collection, storage, and disposal of our community's trash. It operates a disposal site for construction and demolition waste, provides and staffs 9
Solid Waste Convenience Center brochure (English)
Solid Waste Convenience Center brochure (Spanish
Take the Time to Secure Your Load!
Though you may not intentionally litter, if you do not secure the items in your truck bed, you are contributing to dangerous and unsightly roadside litter. It's illegal under NC law to haul an improperly secured load. Penalties for littering include up to a $2000 fine, community service work and one point on a motorist's driver license upon conviction.
Click here for more information.
You Can Help!
Here are ideas on how you can become engaged in a litter-free NC:
- TELL your friends and family about Keep NC Beautiful and the tarp awareness campaign.
- VOLUNTEER to help your local Keep America Beautiful affiliate.
- PARTICIPATE in the Great American Cleanup from March 1st - May 31st.
- DONATE to Keep NC Beautiful to help advance state-wide programs.
- PARTICIPATE in America Recycles Day in November.
- VOLUNTEER with the NC Department of Transportation litter prevention programs: Adopt-A-Highway, Litter Sweep, and Swat-A-Litterbug.
- VISIT www.keepncbeautiful.org for more information.